More than Exercise: Svaroopa® yoga “is a scientific maximization of your body’s capacity, dissolving the tensions that inhibit your body’s natural functioning and inherent healing capacity.” – Yoga International Svaroopa was the first yoga in US to introduce the concept of “restorative” yoga to address specific health issues through one-to one interventions. Svaroopa Yoga therapy is a unique individualized, hands-on healing technique based on the principles of core release and spinal decompression to open the body for deep healing through either Embodyment ®, an acupressure methodology, or supported poses. Yoga therapy is effective in reducing pain and supports faster recovery from injury, medical procedures, and chronic pain in back, knees, hips, feet, shoulders, neck and arms/hands. Yoga therapy works through the release of tension in the muscles and bones to allow the body to heal itself through deep openings for inherent natural processes to function properly. Illness, pain, and disease are
understood in yoga as caused by the dysfunction of the mind, body, and spirit.
While western medicine works to address symptoms of illness and pain, yoga seeks to address the root cause which is the imbalance within the body, mind, and spirit. Though this can be done through participation in group classes, individualized private sessions allow you to progress quicker to resolve issues through deeper and sustained openings.
Fully clothed, you are supported with blankets and props to allow you to de-stress both mind and body. This healing modality is excellent for helping to relieve:
- neck and shoulder tension & pain, migraines,
- joint immobility, balance issues
- chronic sciatica, hernia disks, chronic back pain,
- hip, knee and foot pain,
- stress, anxiety, depression
- insomnia, digestive issues, and more.
Clients can experience a deep state of relaxation, which facilitates a genuine state of healing, bringing you back into balance and harmony.
Private sessions can consist of three types:
1. Private yoga instruction to develop a safe and beneficial home practice specific to your body and needs. In classes, you will learn the basic poses that are reliable for release of tension from lower spine up through the upper body. You also learn basic yogic breathing that is a powerful yoga practice all in itself. You can purchase props or use items you have at home to set up a home space for yoga practice – we do home visits to support you in setting up space and props.
2. Private one-on-one Treating Pain sessions use supported poses for gentle release for gradual healing. The yoga therapist moves your body into poses and supports while timing each hold. You then are instructed on poses to do at home to support your healing as you gradually find a new ‘normal’ in your body. Chronic pain changes how your mind and body perceive pain in intensity and frequency. Using yoga, you work toward both building awareness about pain as well as relieving tension and reducing physical pain.
3. Embodyment® is a hands on, private yoga session focusing on your personal needs that is based on the principles of Svaroopa® Yoga of core release. Embodyment® works on many levels to reduce pain, anxiety and stress, as well as to deeply quiet your mind. Each session promotes a softening of the deep tensions in the muscles connected to your spine using a pressure – point technique. Each hour-long session is comparable to six 90 minute classes in tension release. You are fully clothed and supported in Shavasana, yoga’s relaxation pose, throughout session. Each private session is one hour long and requires no previous yoga experience. Please wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing for your session. Sessions are done on a weekly, bi weekly, or monthly basis for most students. However, if you are experiencing intense or chronic pain, you may benefit from a series of Embodyment® overlap sessions.
All private sessions are by appointment only.
Embodyment® or Private Session Fees:
- Free Assessment.
- One session $75
- Three session package = $195;
- Five session package= $300;
- Ten session package = $575
HEALING COMBO SPECIAL:
$375 = five private Yoga Therapy sessions by appt and unlimited classes for four weeks.
Home Practice set up: $100 includes four blankets and two blocks (by special order only).